Wednesday, November 16, 2016

One day...

I traditionally keep my political opinions to myself.* That means a small circle of friends and family have had to bear the brunt of listening to those opinions. One thing that I've railed on for years is the electoral college.

Shortly before our recent election, I was joking with my small circle, "One day I hope to live in a country where I can vote for president." **

Twice. In. My. Lifetime.

That joke isn't so funny any longer.

Time, therefore, for a new joke...

"One day I hope to live in a country where all forms of slavery are outlawed."

To get the joke***, take a peek at the Thirteen Amendment.




* But that's changing.

** Representative democracy is a subset of my weird humor.

*** I'm using the word "joke" facetiously.




No comments:

Post a Comment