Thursday, October 21, 2010

RunKeeper

Alicia turned me on to RunKeeper about a month ago, and I've been having fun with it. It's an iPhone app that tracks your workouts. I've been using it to track my running and walking activities.

I like the fitness reports that it provides, and I like that it motivates me to keep active. But what I really like about it is that it lets me take pictures (albeit with my sadly low-res iPhone camera) along my route. This lets me engage my photography skills, lets me share what I'm seeing, and lets folks see the fun places that I get to travel to.

Bahá'í templeToday I ran to the Bahá'í House of Worship in Wilmette, Illinois (then nursed my ankle on a leisurely CTA ride back home). Along the way I went through Northwestern University and past the Grosse Point Lighthouse. Click to see the route I took. Better yet... While looking at the route, click on the photo icons to see some pix I took.
The icons look like this:  






Other recent activities with pix:



I travel a lot, so expect to see other interesting locations in the future. I've got an especially interesting destination coming up in November. More details to follow. Suffice it to say for now that Alicia and I are very excited about this trip!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment